Middle School Notes
Seesaw Roll out – Save the date 1/17/19
1/17/19 Seesaw Invitation to Parents – Check your email!
8th grade Parents: The deadline to submit your child’s application for the CHOICE Program is rapidly approaching. The closing date is Friday, January 25, 2019. All transcripts must be received by them by Friday, February 1, 2019.
Also, please let Lisa (in the middle school office) know when your child has made a final decision about high school.
♥Please make note that the Middle School Valentine’s Dance has been changed to Friday, February 15th from 7:00-10:00 p.m. Further details to follow.♥
1. 4ocean Beach Clean Up – Spanish River Park- THIS Saturday, January 19th from 9AM-12PM – Please RSVP to Mrs. Ferguson’s previous email.
- Join 4ocean in Boca Raton to celebrate 2 years of cleaning the oceans and coastlines!
- Waiver must be signed by all [parents] participants before the event or at the Check-In Tent: 4ocean-cleanup.doc
- Spanish River Park; 3001 N. State Road A-1-A; Boca Raton, FL 33431
- Please check in by the Main Tunnel in between lifeguard towers 16 & 17. Please look For Kim Lessard (Unity mom) to check in for Builders’ Club
- *4ocean will provide hemp bags and gloves for all of the participants to use during the cleanup.
- From 8-10 AM participants may let the guard know they are there for the 4ocean event to get FREE parking [parking is normally $4 at the gate].
2. SUSAN B. KOMEN 5K RACE FOR THE CURE 2019 on Saturday, January 26th at 8:15 am @ Meyer Amphitheater in downtown West Palm / 4 HRS CS
- Register online:☞ TEAM NAME: Unity School Builders Club
- Parent and student email will be sent with all details
- Those that register individually on-line or at the mall locations [see below Boynton/Wellington/WPB] are welcome to walk with registered team Builders Club.
REGISTER @ komensouthflorida.org
- select “events” and choose “race for cure”
- select “find your team” and scroll down to “Unity School Builders Club”
- select “register,” log in as past or new participant, then “join a team”
- register as a walker or runner
- If you register ONLINE with Unity School Builders Club BEFORE MONDAY JANUARY 22, your BC Coordinator will pick up your race day packet, shirt & race number.
- If you do NOT register ONLINE BEFORE JANUARY 22, you must pick up your own race day packet on/at: Dick’s Sporting Goods – Boynton Beach Wednesday, January 24 11:00am – 6:00pm or The Mall at Wellington Green @ Fit2Run Store Thursday, January 25 12 noon – 7:00pm or Post Centennial Park/Amphitheater on Flagler Drive Saturday, January 27 5:30am – 10:30am
Race Hotline 18884706374
- meet at 8:15 am sharp: meet at grass embankment on the EAST side [water side] of Meyer Amphitheater for Team picture [corner of Evernia and Flagler]
- At 8:45 sharp we will head to start line as a team
- At 9:00 sharp we will start 3.1 mile Team walk [stay with chaperones during walk; if you get separated from your group, plan where to meet your chaperone
- 10:30 meet back at meeting site [east side amphitheater] to watch and cheer at the Survivor Celebration Ceremony *you must stay for ceremony to earn 4 CS hours*
**any student running the 5k race [before the walk] at 7:30am will earn an EXTRA 1 HOUR CS**
Stay Tuned for more info about:
FORGOTTEN SOLDIER COLLECTION February 4th – 22nd
Students will be on all loading docks at drop off to collect items. Letters from parents are also appreciated. Click on the link for details: FSO poster-
FREE TUITION FOR A YEAR!
Don’t miss out on a chance to win Free Tuition for ONE CHILD for Unity School year 2019-2020! Tickets are $100 each; limit 4 per family. Only 400 tickets will be sold!
Click on this link to purchase: www.unityschool.com/support-unity/special-events/auction. Then Click on the FREE TUITION button.
“HAVANA NIGHTS” Dinner Dance Auction 2-9-19 – Support Unity School
Support Unity School through the Unity Auction LINK:
Buy an ad in the auction catalog;
Purchase a sponsorship;
Underwrite an auction expense
Purchase a raffle ticket for chance to win FREE TUITION at Unity School 2019-2020 school year;
Purchase a raffle ticket for a chance to win the UPGRADED CALIENTE TABLE at the auction event, and fill the table of 12 with your friends!
For all raffle details, ad info, sponsorship & underwriting opportunities and entitlements, and to purchase admission tickets, go online to
As a friendly reminder, please let Lisa firstname.lastname@example.org in the middle school office know in advance if you are picking your child up early for an appointment. Generally speaking, it is less disruptive to the classes if we can let them know ahead of time. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Unity Dress Code for Cooler Weather is as follows:
Boots and sweatpants can only be worn when the temperatures dip below 60 degrees.
- Students are allowed to wear solid navy, white, gray or black sweat pants and sweat shirts. No logos or designs allowed unless it says Unity School.
- The students are allowed to wear khaki pants only.
- The girls may wear leggings under their uniform only, but they are to be solid navy, white, gray or black. Also no logos or designs.
- If a student wears boots to school, they should be solid tan, black or white with no heel.
COMING UP SOON! HAVE YOU MARKED YOUR CALENDAR?
No School on Monday, January 21 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Middle School Class photos on Thursday, January 31
Saturday, February 9: HAVANA NIGHTS Dinner & Auction
Thursday, February 21: Future Scientist and Engineers Conference 6:00-8:00 p.m. @ Unity School
*Middle School Valentine’s Dance: Date changed to Friday, February 15 from 7:00-10:00 p.m.*