Unity School Weekly FYI
Mark Your Calendars:
- Monday, May 29- No School in observance of Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30- Kindergarten Achievement Program 8:45 a.m. and Sports Ceremony Grades 5-8 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 31- Last Day of School!!!! Awards Ceremony Grades 3-8 @ 8:45 a.m. and Talent Show 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 1- Parent Conference Day- no students
- Friday, June 2- Teacher’s last day!!
Important dates for the 2017-2018 school year:
- 8/25/17 – Orientation Day for all classes (times will be scheduled as we get closer)
- 8/28/17 – First Day of School for all students
- 11/20/17 – 11/24/17 – Thanksgiving Week Break
- 12/20 – noon dismissal winter break begins
- 12/20/17-1/5/18 – Vacation (classes resume January 8)
- 3/19/18-3/23/18 – Spring Break
We are so excited to be offering Unity’s first summer music camp this year during the first two weeks of June.The deadline for registration has been extended to Friday May 26th. Spots are filling up fast so please be sure to get your registration in as soon as possible.
Please contact Ms. Kronzek or Mrs. Gerena for more information or CLICK HERE
Please remember to have your child check the lost and found for anything they might be missing. Everything that is not claimed will be donated to charity. Thank you.
Students must remain in Unity uniforms until the very last day of school–
The 8th graders are not required to wear uniforms on Wednesday, May 31, but they must be dressed in Unity approved clothing.
Speaking of uniforms, if your child has outgrown their uniforms, or going from elementary school to middle school (where the colors are different!) we are collecting washed, gently used uniforms for our future uniform sales. Please just put them in the garbage bin (labeled for the uniforms) outside of the main office. Thank you in advance.
Message from the school nurses:
End of Year Medication Pickup:
Please pick up your child’s medication the last week of school. All remaining medications that have not been picked up by June 1, 2017 will be discarded. The school cannot store any medications for the following year.
Medication Reminders for Next Year:
- All prescription/ nonprescription medications must be in the original container with the child’s name clearly marked. Medications must be dropped off by a parent/guardian.
- All medications must be accompanied by a “Physician Authorization for Student Medication” form with parent/guardian’s signature. Prescription medications will also require a physician’s signature.
- Any medication (such as Epipens or Inhalers) that a student may carry with them must be checked in at the clinic at the beginning of the year by the parent/guardian. The physician must check “yes” on the form stating the student is allowed to “self carry” the medication.
- Students entering Kindergarten need a 2017 School Entry Health Exam (Form DH 3040) and Florida Certificate of Immunizations (Form DH 680)
- Students entering 7th grade need a 2017 School Entry Health Exam (Form DH 3040)and Florida Certificate of Immunizations (Form DH 680) which includes an updated Tdap (Tetanus immunization).